When it comes to a healthy lunch, it’s hard to compete with a perfectly cooked grilled chicken sandwich. Whether you use a grill or hot range, it’s easy to achieve the perfect lunch with this recipe for Loaded Grilled Chicken Sandwiches. Though this recipe calls for pepper jack cheese, bacon, tomato, coleslaw, and other condiments, you can personalize your sandwich to your liking. Try it with spinach, more veggies, or even guacamole!
• 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
• 2 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix
• 4 slices pepper jack cheese
• 4 ciabatta or Kaiser rolls, split
• 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
• 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 4 cooked bacon strips, halved
• 4 slices tomato
• 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
• 1/2 pound deli coleslaw (about 1 cup)
1. Pound chicken with a meat mallet to flatten slightly; sprinkle both sides with dressing mix.
2. On a greased grill or skillet, cook chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°.
3. Place cheese on chicken; grill or heat, covered, 1-2 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted. Meanwhile, grill or heat rolls, cut side down, 1-2 minutes, or until toasted.
4. Mix mayonnaise and mustard; spread on roll tops. Layer roll bottoms with chicken, bacon, tomato, avocado, and coleslaw. Replace tops.
Shake up your household menu – and put your fully equipped kitchen to use – with this easy-to-follow recipe, courtesy of Oxford at The Boulevard Apartments in Corinth, Texas.